Viewer V3 Roadmap

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Viewer V3 Roadmap

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

We have an updated anticipated release date for delivery of Version 3 of the Viewer. It will be called PDF-X Viewer 2011 and will be available before the end of Q2 of this year - barring any unforeseen issues this is a date we confidently expect to be able to meet.

There is a Powerpoint file attached to this post outlining the planned features and a preview of what it may look like. For commercial reasons we will not be releasing further detail on the features that will be in the initial release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Viewer V3 Roadmap

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Dear users ...

Inevitably as we reach the end of June we are being asked daily when will version 3 be released ...

After a week or so of reviewing progress and the current components completed - I regret I must advise we are not going to make our target date - the end of Q2 2011 as hoped.

I could go into a long diatribe of the technical details as to why - in truth the plain and simple fact is that the new version is just such an ambitious and feature rich product - more so than any we have ever delivered previously - to predict a date from the start was foolish.

Additionally, perhaps the biggest error on our part, was until recently to continue to refine and add features to version 2.x - which severely hampered the development teams ability to concentrate on the new release.

We are approximately 75% complete - many of the most complex portions of code are complete and tested - but until all the pieces of the 'puzzle' are in place we cannot bring everything together to begin to prepare a usable product.

I can only apologize to all our clients who have been eagerly awaiting version 3 and the extended features it is going to offer and ask for you to be patient with us a while longer.

I know you will want to know a date and I would very much like to offer one - but to do so - would, after the past 12 months experience, be extremely foolhardy.

I stress how much we regret this delay and ask you to keep faith with us as we move forward on what I know is going to be the absolute best product we have ever delivered and you will have used for PDF creation, viewing and of course editing too!

You will I assure you - be astounded by the end results - from the portions I have been able to view so far - the development team have surpassed even my expectations in the imagination and high engineering standards they are producing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and in return I promise you - you will not be disappointed with the end result !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com