Section 508 Compliant PDF creation and verification

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Sn3akyP3t3
User

Section 508 Compliant PDF creation and verification

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 »

I'm just getting involved at my workplace with accessibility and compliance. I was asked if all our current existing files are section 508 compliant and I know what the next question will be. Get them compliant.... I'm not asking for that step. That's going to take a lot of grueling work! I'm asking if PDF XChange Viewer will create section 508 compliant PDFs first of all. Second, I'm asking if this software can verify an existing PDF file is section 508 compliant and output a report or feedback as to what failed.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Section 508 Compliant PDF creation and verification

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sn3akyP3t3,

Doing a quick search online - it appears like this "Section 508" is not related just to PDF documents, so if you can provide us with a link describing exactly what makes a file compliant - we should be able to tell more.

Our printing drivers can create PDF A/1-a and PDF A/1-b compliant files, and our Viewer will show a warning that modifying a PDF A compliant file could break it's compliance.

Best,
Stefan