how to switch, using keyboard shortcuts

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

calvinsun
User

how to switch, using keyboard shortcuts

Post by calvinsun »

I have searched the help PDF file and have found nothing about my question.

If I have multiple PDF files open in PDF-XChange viewer, how can I, if at all, switch between them using a keyboard shortcut? I know I can click on a tab, but it is a pain. I would rather use a keyboard shortcut, e.g. ALT- and some other key.

The help document mentions ALT-left and ALT-right, but they are doing strange things, for example opening up a recently closed file.

Thanks.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: how to switch, using keyboard shortcuts

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello calvinsun,

Welcome to the forum! Please try using the command Ctrl+Tab for next file and Shift+Ctrl+Tab for previous file.

Regards,
Radi
calvinsun
User

!

Post by calvinsun »

Thanks so much!!!! I appreciate it! Did I miss seeing it in the help file? If it is missing, can you ask them to put it in? I am sure others have the same issue. Thanks.
calvinsun
User

Post by calvinsun »

lol I owe you a Starbucks!!! lol
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

I'm glad I could help. 8)
djournal
User

Post by djournal »

I've been using Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to switch between open files, but when I use Shift+Ctrl+Tab to step through several files, the active tab seems to jump forward when I release the Shift+Ctrl keys.

The sequence goes like this:

Shift+Ctrl keys down (on tab 4 of 5)
Tab (switch to tab 3 of 5)
Tab (switch to tab 2 of 5)
Tab (switch to tab 1 of 5)
Shift+Ctrl keys up (back to tab 2 of 5)

Seems like a bug. I'm using v2.5 Build 320.0. Any suggestions?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

djournal,

I am afraid that the Viewer (version 2.5) is no longer under development. The Editor (the Viewer's successor) no longer shows this issue.

You can download the latest Editor installer here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE6.zip

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Bug-Finder
User

Post by Bug-Finder »

FYI: This problem where the active tab switches to the Tab on the right while releasing the Tab Navigation keys (CTRL + SHIFT + TAB)

ONLY occurs when the user RELEASES the SHIFT Key BEFORE releasing the CTRL key.

Most people release them at the same time (so they think), but if the computer recognizes that you released SHIFT first, the focus will switch to the Tab to the right instead of the tab you intended to land on.

Also, I know they had fixed this problem BEFORE because I emailed them about it sometime before 2014 (the year I retired) and they corresponded with me and fixed it but it then reappeared again later. I don't have access to my old work emails anymore to know exactly what version and year it was fixed. But today I got tired of the same bug and decided to inform them about it and found this thread with the same problem and saw that since the VIEWER is discontinued, there's no sense in telling them again in the forum.

But at least now we know how this bug is occurring.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Bug-Finder

Thank you for the added details, hopefully this information help others who are still using the viewer and are experiencing this bug.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com