Please don't remove Viewer from website

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

leishirsute
User

Please don't remove Viewer from website

Post by leishirsute »

I installed the Editor and found the Viewer to be a better interface for me.
I understand it is discontinued, but please keep the last version on the website to be able to be downloaded.
I also like the way the Viewer allows for more text editing without DEMO watermarks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Please don't remove Viewer from website

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello leishirsute,

It is not removed - just moved to a separate category along with some other older products:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... scontinued

Can you please explain in a few more details - what editing are you able to do with the free Viewer that is not possible in the free Editor?

Regards,
Stefan
leishirsute
User

Post by leishirsute »

Hi Stefan,
Sorry, I just saw this post. I didn't get an email notification of your reply.
I like way the toolbars display and can be managed in the PDF Viewer vs the Editor version. I find the horizontal shrinking and expansion of the toolbars to be confusing.
I also like that the Viewer shows the select stamp in the toolbar.
I am not fond of the Stamp rotation guide feature always enabled. I wish it were a selectable option.

Hope this helps,
Mike
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Mike,

You've probably not subscribed to the topic back when you posted your original question.
Certainly - if the Viewer suits your needs more - you can continue using that product, but no new features or fixes will be added to it!

Regards,
Stefan
Joxon
User

Post by Joxon »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Mike,

You've probably not subscribed to the topic back when you posted your original question.
Certainly - if the Viewer suits your needs more - you can continue using that product, but no new features or fixes will be added to it!

Regards,
Stefan
Silly question: but why is the Viewer still being updated? The latest version is now "2.5.321.0 (Updated on 6 Mar 2017)".
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Joxon,

Thanks for the post - Some very few changes are still being made at our discretion, but this is very few. Mostly there are improvements to the installer, or we're simply updating the build number for continuity.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
BrianG
User

Post by BrianG »

I'm just chiming in here in support of Viewer. I concur with Mike. Viewer is a much better fit for my needs and sensibilities.
I am thrilled to see that it is still getting attention and that there appears to be intent to keep it available for download for awhile (hope it's a long while).

Brian
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Brian,

Yes - there is still no intention to remove the Viewer, but it will eventually start to show it's age - and given that it has not received any development over more than two years now will also have an impact.

Regards,
Stefan