print web page to pdf degradation

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

robaa@tpg.com.au
User

print web page to pdf degradation

Post by robaa@tpg.com.au »

I print a web page to pdf with pdf viewer 2012. I then do minor edits/annotations. Save, do more annotations, save. I find that the document looks degraded. Not clear, font not crisp. images slightly faded. Any tips on how to get best reproduction off a web page ?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: print web page to pdf degradation

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi robaa@tpg.com.au,

Thanks for the post - Can you please provide more information? i.e. How the file was created, a sample document and link to the webpage, what edits were made, etc.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
robaa@tpg.com.au
User

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi robaa@tpg.com.au,

Thanks for the post - Can you please provide more information? i.e. How the file was created, a sample document and link to the webpage, what edits were made, etc.

Thanks,
I think I have solved it. By turning off compression settings, I dont seem to get any loss quality.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi robaa@tpg.com.au,

Awesome, glad to hear that! :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
robaa@tpg.com.au
User

I spoke to soon. I have worked out that it is 'flattening' that is dropping text quality. From what I can read this is a known issue in all pdf file software. Any tips on how to avoid any decline in text quality when flattening. I have to flatten to turn pdf with annotations into pdf I can send away.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi robaa,

Can you provide the information requested in my first post? I'm afraid that we'll need that before we can help further.
I have to flatten to turn pdf with annotations into pdf I can send away.
It's worth noting that this no longer renders PDF's ineditable. Any dedicated PDF editor (e.g. our Editor, Adobe Acrobat, etc.) will still be able to move/delete these flattened annotations. The only way to stop this happening is either to secure a PDF (File --> Document Properties --> Security), or by placing a Digital Signature (Document --> Digital Signatures --> Place a Signature/Sign A Document).

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
robaa@tpg.com.au
User

I attach a pdf with the type of text fading I am talking about.
I am trying to increase the resolution in the hope that will help. PDF viewer seems to have max of 300? I attach the preferences where I made it 600 in my Control panel/printer/preferences. But the pdf tracker 2012 printer preferences show only 300. Attached.
Attachments
Evernote-024.pdf
(939.41 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Evernote-025.pdf
(939.41 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
11 Evidence that Electromagnetic Radiation is Genotoxic - WaveWall[1].pdf
(3 MiB) Downloaded 112 times