Comments backup  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

missmy
User

Comments backup

Post by missmy »

Once in a while, the viewer crashes with no specific reason (this time it was because of a tentative print at my university). Ok, this is not the problem. The problem it's that when it crashes, I loose ALL MY COMMENTS (using sticky notes tool and highlights) that were not willingly saved before the crash. I tried to find an automatic backup option, but it doesn't exist as I know.

My question are : is there any way to get these comments back? I'm willing to try anything, thats part of my PhD... and please, could you develop automatic backups?

Thanks for your readings and eventual help!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Comments backup  SOLVED

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi missmy,

Thanks for the post and I'm very sorry to hear that, that's awful! I also hate to be the bearer of such bad news, but if the app crashed without the changes being saved, there is nothing that can be done to recover the changes.

I know that this doesn't help you now, but we've recently upped the priority of an auto-save feature so that, for the future, this won't be as much of an issue should something unexpected happen.

Again, I'm really sorry that I can't offer a solution :( If the crash is consistently reproducible, then we would obviously love to investigate and fix that.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com