Converting Publisher file

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lindalou
User

Converting Publisher file

Post by lindalou »

How do you convert a Publisher 2007 file to a pdf using Xchange Viewer? I find nothing in the Help file, and the help file doesn't even contain the word "convert." I did manage to convert once in the past, but I cannot figure out how to do it again. Thank you.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

You cannot convert any file to PDF using the PDF-XChange Viewer.

You can only work with existing PDF files in the Viewer.

You need one of our PDF-XChange Conversion products (which incidentally include the PDF-XChange Viewer)

You need (if you have not already got ) PDF-XChange Lite, Standard or Pro and you can then 'Print' To PDF from any application that can View a document in its native application (i.e. Publisher)

Further - the Standard and Pro Versions include a Publisher compatible Plugin called the Office 'Addin' which provides 3 extra Icons with extra Office related specail features - one of which is 'convert to PDF'.

See the help files for these products for more specific info.

Lastly - please note I am moving this message from the 'TIFF-XChange Forum to the PDF-XChange Viewer forum, please do post in the correct forum, many thanks :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Don Schmidt
User

Post by Don Schmidt »

lindalou & Tracker folks,

Publisher 2007 has built-in or a plug-in to create pdf files. I doubt it is as good as PDF-XChange but as they say, "Any port in a storm."

(Look for details on the plug-in on the Microsoft site)
Don
Vancouver, USA
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Ok Thanks Don,

We did take a look at this and you are correct - it does leave a little to be desired :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com