XCV producing automatically diacritics  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mau
User

XCV producing automatically diacritics

Post by Mau »

Dear user community,
as a Turkish translater of German origin I sometimes have to edit Turkish book texts. Until now I used XC Editor V. 6.0 on a computer with Windows 10, without any problems. If there has something to be changed, I place a comment frame using both Windows' (V.11) German and Turkish (QWERTY) keyboard layouts.
But on my new computer I use Windows 11 and XC Viewer V. 2.5. Everytime when I write Turkish words like birk or biok (which is like bärka. and bär.ok on my German keyboard), XCV produces an a with accent and an r with accent instead of the bold written characters.
How can I solve this problem / disable that feature?

Best regards,
Mau
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: XCV producing automatically diacritics  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, Mau

I am not sure off hand why the Viewer is behaving differently in Windows 11. The Viewer is no longer being developed, it was replaced by the PDF-XChange Editor 10 years ago!

If there is an issue that needs addressing in the Viewer it is not going to happen I am afraid. I would urge you to try the Editor on your Windows 11 machine, it is available here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... nge-editor

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Mau
User

Re: XCE producing automatically diacritics, too

Post by Mau »

Dear Paul,
unfortunately I couldn't solve my problem by buying and installing XChange Editor. It's a very much better thing than XCV, indeed, and you can tell XCE to ignore diacritics. But only in a Search window, not in the settings.
So when typing a. or r. with Turkish keyboard layout I get those diacritics instead of or in XCE too.

Best regards,
Mau
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: XCV producing automatically diacritics

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Mau,

May I ask you to send us an example file, with something written with the Turkish keyboard layout?

Also, please send us a screenshot of how the file looks on your end.

Furthermore, please tell us which are the common fonts you are using?

Regards.