Going to Bookmarks

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JohnZeman
User

Going to Bookmarks

Post by JohnZeman »

Hi,

Ref: PDF-XChange Viewer Ver 2.0 Build 51

I create and go to bookmarks a lot, especially with National Park park maps (http://home.nps.gov/applications/hafe/hfc/carto.cfm) and I have noticed that going to a bookmark can be very erratic at times. It always goes somewhere but not always to where the bookmark location is. It seems to be an issue with going to bookmarks rather than creating them as the Acrobat has no problem going to PDF X-Change viewer created bookmarks. If this has not been reported as an issue I'd like to report it. Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Going to Bookmarks

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello JohnZeman,

Can you please archive and attach to a post in this topic one such file where you have added bookmarks, and explain in details how we can reproduce the problem as I tried a couple of files from your link but they both didn't have bookmarks.

If you can include screenshots of the unexpected behaviour that will also help us investigating.

Regards,
Stefan
JohnZeman
User

Post by JohnZeman »

Thank you for the prompt response. I've zipped and attached to this message a pdf file that has bad bookmarks along with 2 screen shots. The bookmarks load fine in Acrobat but not in the pdf X-Change viewer. The bookmark names should explain the section of the pdf file they should jump to. On my machine outside of the "Overview" bookmark, all the other bookmarks stay at or near the top of the document (some should go to the bottom, bottom left, bottom right, etc). I have verified this behaviour on two different computers.

Also, when I try to edit a bookmark that will not save correctly, often I'll see the Y coordinate set at 0.000 and no matter what I do, I can not change the 0 to any other value.

As an aside, other than the bookmark problem I love this viewer! (Registered pro user)
Attachments
Problem-Bookmarks.zip
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 281 times
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

This problem will be fixed in build 2.0.53
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
JohnZeman
User

Post by JohnZeman »

Thank you! :D
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

;-)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com