Calibrate measuring tool?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

justposted
User

Calibrate measuring tool?

Post by justposted »

Hello. I am looking for an affordable PDF editor and am amazed by how powerful PDF XChange is. Even the free version is better than most of the alternatives which charge for their use. It is also far more intuitive than Bluebeam, which I use at work and which takes a little while to get the hang of.

The one thing that prevents me buying XChange it is that I use engineering drawings extensively, so need to be able to measure parts of the drawings. Whilst I can adjust the measurements using the "scale" number, it becomes trial and error when the scale is not obvious or exact. Bluebeam gets around that by having a calibrate tool, where you measure an object, state the distance, then it calculates the scale for you. Doesn't sound too hard to implement. Any chance of getting something like that into XChange in the future?

Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Calibrate measuring tool?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI justposted

whilst the distance tool can be a little awkward to use the good news is that we are planning a calibrate function for the next version of the viewer, V.3 expected later this year or early next year.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com