Suggestion: Revolutionary Killer Feature for Power Reading

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

Suggestion: Revolutionary Killer Feature for Power Reading

Post by David.P »

Hi forum & Tracker team,

on a quick note I'd like to propose a feature that I'm sure will be able to change and radically improve the way we read and comprehend text on a large scale, for good.

The feature I'd like to suggest is about automatic keyword highlighting of any text. This way, the eye is guided by the color-coded text which makes it possible to find one's way around (large amounts of) unknown text instantly and visually. Moreover, while reading, it is possible to already see (consciously and/or unconsciously) what the next sentence or paragraph will be about (i.e. whether it has the same highlighting colors = same keywords, or whether it has different, new highlighting colors = different, new keywords), and thus be prepared for new content already before actually reading it.

It is my strong belief that this feature once will be present in every software that deals with text, and that it will be able to change and improve the way of human text comprehension radically. Since I believe that PDF-XChange Viewer is one of the finest pieces of software in the world, and what's more, it's creators are always open and supportive, it was clear to me to suggest this feature to the Tracker team first and only.

What's more, a tool (for Web reading) that has the features described above actually already exists and has been developed recently. For the sake of simplicity, please read on here where it is described and where you can find instructions how to install and use the tool in the Firefox browser. If you try it for a few days, you will realize that this new way of reading is (at the very least) the same kind of progress like the step from black-and-white to color television.

Cheers David.P
--------
Screenshot of the web reading tool (sorry only German for the time being):
Last edited by David.P on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Revolutionary Killer Feature for Power Reading

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello David,

Many thanks for the suggestion.
It does really seem very interesting, and I will make a FR for the devs, but it will probably be a bit in the longer term, as we are now busy finalizing other things for ver3.

Otherwise the idea indeed seems great - will see what the comments from the devs will be and will keep you updated here.

Cheers,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hello Stefan and thanks for your reply,
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:it will probably be a bit in the longer term, as we are now busy finalizing other things for ver3.
Thats understood!

Looking forward to whatever new features v3 will bring (from past experience I'm sure there will be quite a few)!

Cheers David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi David,

And here is the ticket:
#770: FR: Power Reading feature for annotations

So I will update this topic with any news from the team.

Cheers,
Stefan
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Thank you Stefan, this is great.

Cheers David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin