Tagged PDF /Lang tag

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

davestevens
User

Tagged PDF /Lang tag

Post by davestevens »

Hi again,

We have some PDFs, in which some objects are tagged with the /Lang tag, specifying the language of passages of text in the PDF. Is it possible to detect these tags using the Viewer SDK?

Many thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Tagged PDF /Lang tag

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello davestevens,

Can you please provide one such sample document with these tags so that we can take a look?

Regards,
Stefan
davestevens
User

Post by davestevens »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello davestevens,

Can you please provide one such sample document with these tags so that we can take a look?

Regards,
Stefan
Sure Stefan, I have attached an example. This PDF contains two languages; Dutch and French. The PDF author has tagged the French text with the French language tag and the Dutch text with the Dutch language tag.
Attachments
en action 6 WB p3-41_KL3.pdf
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 175 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello davestevens,

Thanks for the sample file. I've had a chat with one of our lead devs - and he says that we do not currently support such tags, but it's one of our highest priority tasks currently - so support will be added as quickly as possible!
You've posted in the Viewer SDK section of our forums, so please do be aware that the Viewer SDKs are now no longer developed, and will not get any future improvements, so you will need to consider moving to it's successor - the Editor SDK:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... editor-sdk

Regards,
Stefan
davestevens
User

Post by davestevens »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello davestevens,

Thanks for the sample file. I've had a chat with one of our lead devs - and he says that we do not currently support such tags, but it's one of our highest priority tasks currently - so support will be added as quickly as possible!
You've posted in the Viewer SDK section of our forums, so please do be aware that the Viewer SDKs are now no longer developed, and will not get any future improvements, so you will need to consider moving to it's successor - the Editor SDK:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... editor-sdk

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks, I understand Stefan.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Thanks for your understanding davestevens!

Cheers,
Stefan