we have a problem in exporting and importing XFDFs. Sometimes comments disappear when importing an XFDF that was exported before. I added a sample of a simple pdf (sample.pdf). I added 3 comments (sampleAnnotated.pdf) and exported the comments into sampleAnnotated.xfdf. If you now re-import these annotations into sample.pdf you can see the difference:
- the gesture disappears completely - but you can find it, its size is only a few pixels
- the text boxes have frames again, although they were removed in the original annotation
- I saw another text box in a commented doc that had the same problem as the gesture above. It seemed that its rectangle was to small. If you double klicked the (invisible) comment, then the rectangle was resized by the viewer and then everything worked fine.
In another situation (unfortunately I do no longer have the xfdf), an annotation disappeared and was marked as "hidden" in the xfdf. It is still visible in the comments list but no longer in the document. I did not find a way to reproduce this effect and did not find a way to "un-hide" the comment.
We are using PDF-XChange Viewer Version 2.0 Build 44.0 embedded into our application and import/export comments using the API.
- ZIP containing example PDFs / XFDF
- (26.24 KiB) Downloaded 183 times