PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

numerobis
User
Topic Author

Events not fired

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Hello,

We have been successfully using PDF-XChange 4 SDK PRO since 2011. We are now in the course of updating to version 6. Two days ago I have downloaded PDF-XChange 6 SDK PRO Setup (Version 6.0.317.1) for that purpose and am gradually extending our software to support version 6 (alongside 4). While testing I encountered the following problem with the driver API: none of the synchronous nor asynchronous events (PXCComLib6.CPXCPrinter.OnStartDoc, OnFileSaved, OnDocEnd etc.) are being fired, even though pdf files are being created. I have also tried the example provided within the SDK's installation directory (PDFdriverAPI), with the same result (in both, DEBUG and RELEASE).
Development environment: Window 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545), Visual Studio Professional 2015, C# .Net 4.0, and have installed versions 4 and 6 of PDF-XChange SDK PRO.
Note: version 4 works without any issues, thus throwing all events as expected.

Is there anything I'm missing?
Any help greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Krys

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Events not fired

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:57 am

Hi Krys,

I've noticed that you posted in two different forums, so I've deleted the post in the Raster XChange API forum, as it appears to be specific to the PRO SDK and/or Drivers API SDK.

I'll forward your post on to the Dev. Team and they'll answer as soon as they're able.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Roman - Tracker Supp
Power User

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:03 am

Hi Krys,
The issue is resolved in the upcoming release of PDF-XChange v6 SDK.
Tracker Software Products
Project Manager - Raster-XChange/TIFF-XChange

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format

numerobis
User
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 am

Hi!

@Will: sorry for that. When I posted the first one I wasn't sure whether or not the post was actually saved. I got the notification that it needs to be verified, but it didn't show up anywhere in my "View your posts" section nor did I get any email notification for about 20 min. or so. So I decided to re-post it. Shortly after both posts showed up, but I couldn't delete any of them. I'll be more patient next time! ;)

@Roman: roughly when do you expect to publish the next release?

Thank you both,
Krys

Roman - Tracker Supp
Power User

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:16 am

numerobis wrote:
roughly when do you expect to publish the next release?

In 10 days roughly, I think. We are starting the final testing loop next week.
Tracker Software Products

Project Manager - Raster-XChange/TIFF-XChange

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !

You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format