PDFXC2012 addon disabled / IE10 Enhanced Protection Mode

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BigMike
User

PDFXC2012 addon disabled / IE10 Enhanced Protection Mode

Post by BigMike »

Hi,

I've just upgraded my Internet Explorer version to Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 x64. There's a new optional mode called "Enhanced Protection Mode" which can be enabled in Internet Preferences -> Advanced -> Security.
Having this option enabled, the PDF-XChange toolbar gets deactivated and a message is displayed, that the addon isn't compatible with the enhanced protection mode.
I don't know if it's technically possible to have the addon working with Enhanced Protection Mode and what needs to be changed. I just wanted to report the incompatibility, so that you are aware of this issue.

Kind regards
Michael
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDFXC2012 addon disabled / IE10 Enhanced Protection Mode

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Mike

Thanks for this report. I will pass it along and if there's any way for our plug-in to work in this mode - we will make the necessary changes!

Cheers,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Mike,

I just got this reply from one of my colleagues:
"It seems like this option forces IE to work only in x64 mode but currently we have no 64-bit plugin."

Cheers,
Stefan
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Thank you for the answer :)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleasure.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com