pdf driver profile frustrations

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ADeeg
User

pdf driver profile frustrations

Post by ADeeg »

Hi support,

I like your products, and even the new homepage design is state of the art.

But I think there is a demand to mock up the printer settings dialog to provide a better user interface to manage profiles
I've tried to create several profiles inside the pdf driver v5 and v6 and - for me as experienced developer - it took a while to understand, that the save function is not the button "übernehmen" in german. The profile save button at the top right is not intuitive.

Our support needs to explain this to the customers be phone again and again.

It would be easier to understand, if you change the yellow picture button "save" to a text button ("save profile") and the add profile button to a text button too, Then a short explanation with tooltips to show on mouse over, could be useful

Bug:
A watermark configuration in a save profile: if you change the check boxes (screenshot) after saving the profile, then the clicks does not reactivate the save button.

Regards Armin
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: pdf driver profile frustrations

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleased to report that the latest build (317.1) should resolve this for you :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
ADeeg
User

Post by ADeeg »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Pleased to report that the latest build (317.1) should resolve this for you :)
cool :-)

and the other part of my post ?

The icons for save profile and create profile are not intuitive, better you change this to text buttons or buttons with picture and text.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ADeeg,

Thanks for post - we'll certainly pass these along for consideration.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com