PDF-XChange Printer V6 (6.0.318.0) causes serious problems

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

simplicissimus
User

PDF-XChange Printer V6 (6.0.318.0) causes serious problems

Post by simplicissimus »

Hello,

I installed the latest version of PDF-XChange PRO (6.0.318.0) on my OS "Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64" with all updates.
Unfortunately, the PDF-XChange Printer V6 causes serious problems on my system:
  • Start -> System control -> "Devices and Printers" -> I'm getting a blank site without printers etc.
  • Very slow shutdown / reboot
  • It is not possible to print a page. If I want to print a page (from Notepad++ / Word etc.), the program hangs / crashes because no program can find a printer at all (whether it is my physical HP printer or the virtual PDF-XChange Printer.
Gone back to version 6.0.317.1 and all problems have disappeared.
So I think, the changes of the printer (6.0.318.0) are the cause for the problems.

Please excuse my English, it's not my native language.
With kind regards
simplicissimus
marco schumann
User

Re: PDF-XChange Printer V6 (6.0.318.0) causes serious proble

Post by marco schumann »

confirm. kills the Windows Print Spooler. This is very annoying.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

This is a troubling report! I am not seeing this issue here, nor has it been reported by other users.

Could you please detail the method used to install build 318.0?

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you please pack and send me file pxc60pm.dll located into c:\Windows\System32 ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
simplicissimus
User

Post by simplicissimus »

Hello,

first of all, thank you for your answer.
Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Could you please detail the method used to install build 318.0?Thank you!
I installed the version 318.0 over 317.1 (without uninstall).

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Can you please pack and send me file pxc60pm.dll located into c:\Windows\System32 ?
As I wrote, I went back to version 6.0.317.1, so the file pxc60pm.dll has the version 6.0.317.0 (I think this does not help you, probably you need the new version of build 318.0).
Maybe marco schumann can send you this file, if he still uses build 318.0. Unfortunately I am too busy to install the build 318.0 once again at this moment - maybe next week.
With kind regards
simplicissimus
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

simplicissimus wrote:As I wrote, I went back to version 6.0.317.1, so the file pxc60pm.dll has the version 6.0.317.0 (I think this does not help you, probably you need the new version of build 318.0).
Maybe marco schumann can send you this file, if he still uses build 318.0. Unfortunately I am too busy to install the build 318.0 once again at this moment - maybe next week.
Hi simplicissimus,

I completely understand. If you get the opportunity, we would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

I would appreciate if someone who experienced the issue can check if it is still reproducible with the new version of the DLL.

Step by step instruction:
1. Download an archive with the new version of pxc60pm.dll from the URL below:
http://www.docu-track.co.uk/pxc60pm_318_1_x64.zip

2. Stop the Print spooler service (using services.msc or run cmd.exe with admin rights and run command net stop spooler).

3. Move existing c:\windows\system32\pxc60pm.dll into different location for backup.

4. extract pxc60pm.dll from downloaded archive into c:\windows\system32

5. start the spooler (again using services.msc or run cmd.exe with admin rights and run command net stat spooler).

6. Open Control Panel -> Devices and Printers and check if you can see all your printers and printing subsystem works correctly.

Please note: This can be performed without the need to reinstall or update.

Please let us know the result.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
marco schumann
User

Post by marco schumann »

:( Sorry, no changes. 318.1 reinstalled several times...The problem can be reproduced on several computers. The print spooler service is not running anymore and some programs no longer work (Word...). The new version of the DLL changes nothing.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for getting back to us - Ivan has sent a new file with instructions, please try the following:
pxc_port_mon.zip
(60.56 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
1) Extract the contents of the attached ZIP folder to its own location.

2) Stop the print spooler

3) Execute the run.bat file contained in the attached archive, from the location in which the archive was unpacked.
**Note: run.bat must be executed with full admin. privileges (i.e. Right Click --> Run as administrator).

4) Start the the print spooler again.

Keep us posted!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
marco schumann
User

Post by marco schumann »

:| This seems to work. The problem sometimes occurred after a few reboots. That is why I am somewhat skeptical. :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Marco,

Ivan created these new files a few days ago, after a remote session with another client suffering the issue, so they're not the same as the ones he sent previously.

Glad to hear that helped though :D
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com