the pdf xchange printer driver issue

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Giorgosp
User

the pdf xchange printer driver issue

Post by Giorgosp »

Hi,

My PDF xchange pro version gives me this error every time I'm trying to convert a file: "the pdf xchange printer driver was not found or could not be loaded. Please reinstall"

It's running on Windows 7 64bit . So far it's been reinstalled twice through SCCM and MS office 2010 has been reinstalled once. The program was working without issue before. Doesn't look like an add in issue as well.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: the pdf xchange printer driver issue

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Giorgosp,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your post.
Can you please check and confirm which build of our products exactly are you trying to install?
And also is it the Lite or Standard drivers that you are trying to deploy?

Regards,
Stefan

p.s. You have also posted in the Editor section and this is a driver question so I will move the topic in the correct forum.
Giorgosp
User

Post by Giorgosp »

Hello Stafan,

Thanks for the prompt response.

The product version is PDF-XChange Pro 5.5.316.1 32/64Bit MUI and deployed drivers are standard, but I don't have more info on them
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Giorgosp,

Thank you for the post. The build you are running is an older one. Please try installing the latest build to see if that helps. You can download the latest installer here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-pro

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Giorgosp
User

Post by Giorgosp »

Hello Patrick,

This version has been deployed centrally to over 5000 computers and only few present this issue. Also manual update is not an option.
The PDF printer is working normally and there is no issue opening existing PDF files
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Giorgosp,

I can imagine updating 5000 machines is a challenge, so can you please try to update just a few of the problematic ones and see if that helps?

Regards,
Stefan
Giorgosp
User

Post by Giorgosp »

Sorry but manual installation is for the time being not an option, so updating cannot be done even on the few affected computers.
Since this issue only appears in few machines isn't there any other possibility or workaround?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Giorgosp,

With the driver as is there is little that can be done. Reinstalling would be the "easiest" thing to try. We are also unable to fix things in older builds - we can only look at and fix issues in the current release.
You mention in your first post that you've tried reinstall twice already - was that for all machines? I am not an SCCM expert, but I would expect there is an option to force/push an update/reinstall only to a number of machines and not all.

Regards,
Stefan