Several Bugs

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Defenestration
User

Several Bugs

Post by Defenestration »

1) Print->Properties->Save-Save Options->Path -- The Path edit box is not updated if I click on Browse... and select a path from the "Browse for Folder" dialog. It just stays at what it was.

2) Properties->Save-Save Options->Path -- The short form of the name (ie. "C:\WINDOW~1") is used if I choose "Temp folder" or "Tmp folder" from the drop-down list of the Browse... button.

3) I have "Show 'Save As' dialog" enabled, and set the Save Path to C:\Windows_User_Temp and the filename macro to "%[Year]_%[Month]_%[Day]_%[Time]_%[DocName]", but if I print the following web page from Firefox, then when I click OK on the print dialog, the Save As dialog opens at "My Documents" and the filename combobox is set to "..pdf"

If I try to print this web page, the Save As dialog opens at "My Documents" and the filename is set to "04_FasStone.pdf"

In both cases the path and filename are incorrect.

If I disable "Show 'Save As' dialog", then the PDF is generated in C:\Windows_User_Temp and with the correct filename, so it would appear to be a problem with the way the Save As dialog is set up by PDF-XChange.

4) pdfSaver is loaded, even when I have Properties->Save->Job Management set to "Save Generated PDF file".

5) pdfSaver-Jobs -- The Generate button works, but the drop down items "Create PDF" and "View PDF" do nothing.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Thanks - please seee below :

1) Already Fixed in build 4.0147 released soon.
2) will investigate and resolve in build 4.0147 if required.
3) will check why file name is incorrect, but the path is incorrect only because the "Last Used Path" option is turned on
4) This is correct -- pdfSaver is a required part of PDF-XChange driver and it is loaded always when PDF generation is in progress.
5) Already Fixed in build 4.0147 released soon.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

Tracker Support wrote:but the path is incorrect only because the "Last Used Path" option is turned on
Where is this option ?

6) Another bug I've noticed sometimes is that when I select a Job Group in pdfSaver->Jobs, the corresponding Jobs Documents are not displayed in the list. If I then click on the Job Groups list background (ie. so the job is de-selected), and re-select the Job Group, the documents are then displayed.
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

7) If there are several Job Documents and I select one and click Remove, the doc is removed, but the Move Up/Down, Detach and Remove buttons stay greyed out if I select another job. They are re-enabled if I click the background of the Job Groups background, then re-select the Job group followed by the document.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Where is this option ?
See the 'Path' -> Browse button -> drop down arrow for this option.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

Tracker Support wrote:See the 'Path' -> Browse button -> drop down arrow for this option.
Thanks, I've found it now but it won't turn off.

8 ) Set Save->Job Management to "Use pdfSaver for Job Management" and all Save options are greyed out, which is OK. But if you then set Save->Job Management to "Save Generated PDF File", all Save options are re-enabled, EXCEPT the File Name editbox and Macro button stay greyed out.
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

I forgot to mention I'm running it on XP Pro x62 SP2, in case that makes a difference.
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

9) pdfSaver cosmetic bug - if the window is already shown and you double-click on the pdfSaver tray icon (or select Show pdfSaver from the tray menu), the window animation still occurs going from the tray icon up to the window. The animation should only occur if the window is hidden.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Ok thanks.

Please dont post anymore issues here for now - but open a new thread as if necessary.

thanks

Best regards
Tracker Support
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

For now, this is what we will have in build 0147:
1) fixed.
2) fixed.
3) not reproduced.
4) behaviour by design
5) fixed (Generate button, and Create PDF menu item just saves the PDF; View PDF saves the PDF and open it)
6) deffered for next build -- needs some changes into UI and testing
7) same as 6
8 ) fixed.
9) fixed.

trouble with unchecking "Last Used Path" option fixed too.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

1) Confirmed fixed in build 147
2) Confirmed fixed in build 147
3) Not fixed in build 147. Same behaviour is still observed. Could this be an x64 issue, as I'm running XP Pro x64 SP2 ?
When printing from some apps, the filename is set to "..pdf" and for others it is set to %[Second]_%[DocName].pdf (replace macros with relevant value. eg. "22_MyPDF.pdf"). As mentioned previously, if I disable "Show 'Save As' dialog" the PDF is generated with the correct name (ie. using the filename macro specified)

5) Is the View PDF drop-down supposed to open the Save As dialog at My Documents with the "Run View Application After Saving" checkbox checked ? I would've expected it to automatically generate the PDF in the Temp folder, and then launch the Viewer, without any user interaction.

8 ) Confirmed fixed in build 147
9) Confirmed fixed in build 147
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

3) can you send me .tmp file (as described here) created during printing from application which cases file naming problem?

5) Yes, view forces to turn on "View After Printing" option.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

E-mail sent with 2 ZIP archives attached containing two logs - one when printing from TextPad, the other from Firefox. When the Save As dialog was shown, I clicked Cancel. Let me know if you need me to redo the .tmp logs when actually going ahead with the print.

And just to re-iterate, the PDF is saved with the correct name (ie. according to the file name macro) if "Show Save As dialog" is disabled. Something different seems to be happening when this option is enabled, and when it's disabled.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks - received and investigating.

Best regards
Tracker Support