Embedded PDF-Xchange file in Word

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Doove117
User

Embedded PDF-Xchange file in Word

Post by Doove117 »

Hi

I have two embedded PDF-Xchange files in Word. Default viewer/editor is PDF-Xchange Editor, don't have Acrobat installed.
PDF-Xchange Editor ver 3.0 (build 307.2).
MS Word 2010.
Win 7.

When I use any method to create the final PDF from the Word document (either printing using PDF-Xchange driver, using the Office2PDF add in or just the 'save as pdf' Word option) I cannot get the embedded PDF files to remain as embedded files, they convert to the OLE file image only.

Is there any way to overcome this, or should I delete them out of Word doc, then add them in to the final PDF? This will muck up my numbering and hyperlinks.

cheers
Dave Bailey
Mechanical Engineer
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Embedded PDF-Xchange file in Word

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Dave,

I am afraid that the way objects are embedded in Word is very specific - and yes those are OLE objects. It will be much better (and working with all PDF applications later) if you embed the PDFs in the PDF file after you generate it from the word document.

To not mess up the page numbering - leave the embedded objects in the Word file, and then using the Editor - delete the OLE images from the PDF file, and instead add the actual PDF attachments.

Regards,
Stefan
Doove117
User

Post by Doove117 »

Thanks Tracker Supp-Stefan

works a charm. Solved as far as I'm concerned.

For those who are looking, it's the paperclip icon on the ribbon!

Wishlist request: ability to change icon, or use clickable text 'hyperlink'-ish style to open embedded docs.

Thanks again

cheers

Doove117
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Doove117,

There are 4 available icons, and you can switch between them from the properties pane. You can also change the colour to any one you like.
I believe that the 4 styles of this icon are pre-determined by the PDF specification and as such we can not add new styles on our own, or these new styles won't be supported in other PDF applications.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
attachment_icons.zip
(25.49 KiB) Downloaded 266 times