Word has insufficient memory

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

swhitman
User

Word has insufficient memory

Post by swhitman »

Hello,

We have a Word 2003 document that is giving Acrobat a fit when trying to convert it to PDF. Acrobat converts it but the links do not work consistently. Open Office converts the document just fine, but the formatting is a little off and does not reproduce the pagination of the Word document.

I have been using the PDF Xchange Viewer for a while and thought I would give your PDF Xchange Pro a chance. When converting the document from the PDFXchange menu in Word I get the message: "Word has insufficient memory. You will not be able to undo this action once it is completed. Do you want to continue?" I get this message several times about 15-20 times. If I am persistent and click the mouse that often the PDF is made and it appears that the links work consistently. Kudos for doing a better job than Acrobat however, make the annoying message go away and I will purchase the software.

Stu
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Word has insufficient memory

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Stu,

odd message - any chance you could zip and post the Word document causing the issue ?

Many thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
powerquest
User

Post by powerquest »

Some news about this issue ?

I have the same problem. I had the same experience as swhitman, after the PDF conversion the links where working, but I had to click 23 times the annoying message during the conversion. Unfortunately it is not possible to send the document to you for debugging. Perharps following informations can help you to fix the bug.

The document contains 233 pages, 80 figures, the table of contents reference headlines 1-4.
The figures are pasted not linked.
The size of the document is aprox. 5 MB.

It would be very helpful if you fix the bug or find a workaround.
Tom - Tracker

Post by Tom - Tracker »

If you could show us an example please. (zip file) :)
powerquest
User

Post by powerquest »

powerquest wrote:...Unfortunately it is not possible to send the document to you for debugging. ...
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Sorry, but without file we cannot reproduce this problem, so we don't know where it is and how to fix it. If you find a file which you can send to us (post here or send by e-mail if it is confidential) we will try to find a solution. You may try to strip some information from your file to make it less confidentional, but be sure that problem remains.
Also, please make sure that you are using latest build - maybe problem is already resolved.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
powerquest
User

Post by powerquest »

Here is a file.

Hope you can fix the bug very soon.
Attachments
SAMPLEFILE - Word has insufficient memory.zip
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks - fixed in build 4.00150 released in the next 7 days
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com