Bibliography reference not processed

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

manuels
User

Bibliography reference not processed

Post by manuels »

Hi.

Office2PDF doesn't process bibliography references, even if I check the "bibliography1" or "Literaturliste (german bibliography)" checkbox on the Settings->Bookmarks page.

Example:
test[1] ->should reference to the bibliography on the end of the document

Setup:
Windows Vista Business SP1
Office 2007 Enterprise SP1
PDF X-Change Pro 4.0.00000 Build 152

Thanks
Manuel
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Bibliography reference not processed

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Manuel,

All works as it should here - can you please supply a .doc and then PDF file created (zipped)

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
manuels
User

Post by manuels »

Hi,

here the test files, Thanks for the support.

Manuel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Will fix into build 153 comming soon.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

I'm afraid that file that you have sent to us doesn’t have any kind of active content which can be translated as Cross-reference link.
Actually if you want to create bibliography references in PDF I can recommend you to create bookmark at needed bibliography item (Ribbon panel -> Insert tab -> Links group -> Bookmark) and then insert Cross-reference link wherever you want.
As example you can look at the attached file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
manuels
User

Post by manuels »

Hi,

thanks for the adivce.
I have Word 2007 documents with more then 100 bibliography references. If you insert a new book to the list of literature, the references change.
I don't think that somebody adds the references manually as bookmarks.

In the Word documents the references will be generated automatically (take a look at my attached file).
You can add one or more items to the reference list and generate a new list of literature. After refresh, the references e.g [3] points to the correspondent entry in the list of literature, this will happen automatically.

I don't believe that this references can't be generated automatically with PDF X-Change.

Best regards
Manuel
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Can I ask you what exactly bibliography citation styles you are using in this document? MS Word 2007 with default settings recognizes it as "Unknown style".

As I can see the problem is that references [1] (which actually is citation) doesn't point to some specific place in the document. So it’s hard to say in what place link in PDF should be pointing.
manuels
User

Post by manuels »

Hi,

I think it is my fault. I'm useing custom styles in my documents for the references.

regards
Manuel
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Ok - thanks Manuel.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com