Runtime error and options do not save

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

maggiecano
User

Runtime error and options do not save

Post by maggiecano »

Hello,

we have been using PDF-Xchange Pro 4.0149 and I noticed problems with the Office2PDF program today.
When I try to use it to convert a word doc to PDF I get a Runtime error. Also if I click Options - Options the paper size is set to a4 and when I change it to Letter, it does not hold the setting.
I tried removing this version, restarting and installing 4.0152 but same problem exists.

I am attaching a screenshot...

Any help you can provide I would appreciate!

Maggie
Attachments
Office2PDF-error.zip
(44.68 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error and options do not save

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Maggie - please advise what version of Windows and Office you have installed.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
maggiecano
User

Post by maggiecano »

All our computers have Windows XP SP2 and Office XP and Outlook 2003

My computer which has runtime error has Windows XP SP3 and Office XP and Office 2007
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Do you have such runtime error when you trying to convert any MS Word documents or it occur only on some specific document?
Also when exactly you get error: when you trying to add file to the list or when you pressing Go button.
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

This Happens with any Word Documents and only after clicking Go.
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Any ideas?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Sorry, one more question: if you try to convert your documents not using Office2PDF, but Office Addin, the problem still exists?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
maggiecano
User

Post by maggiecano »

If I open a Word document - click File - Print - PDF-Xchange 4.0 it will create the PDF.
If I open a Word document - click PDF-Xchange 4 - Convert to PDF I get an hour glass for a few seconds and nothing appears to happen.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Please go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes, select "PDF-XChange 4.0" printer, and from File menu select Properties command.
Now into "PDF-XChange 4.0 Properties" dialog, please select "Ports" page, and check with which ports printer is associated.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Port is named PDF-XChange4 and Description is PDF-XChange 4 Port
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Can you try to manualy register pdfSaver4 running it with /RegServer command line argument.

pdfSaver4.exe is located into pdfSaver subfolder of your installation folder.

Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Ok I ran the pdfsaver.exe with the /RegServer command. Nothing really seemed to happen.. no error message or anything.
I tried the plugin from within Word again and the behavior is the same.. nothing happens.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Please let me know what is located into the registry under the paths:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers

please note, there your registration key is stored, so, please remove it from your post.

Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Here is what is under HKCU I put Xs where personal info is.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers]
"ProductID"="xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx"
"CurrentLanguage"=dword:00000409
"UserName"="xxxxxxx xxxxx"
"Organization"="Wright-Pierce"
"UserEmail"="xxx@xxxxxx-xxxxxx.xxx"
"RegCode"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\pdfSaver\\"
"LangPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\Languages\\"
"HelpPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\Help"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\ckl-xp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\ckl-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\ckl-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\ckl-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current]
"Name"="Current"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current]
"Name"="Current"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current\Fonts]
"EmbedAll"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current\Fonts\AlwaysEmbed]
"Fonts"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current\Fonts\NeverEmbed]
"Fonts"="Arial;Courier;Courier New;Helvetica;Symbol;Times;Times New Roman;ZapfDingbats;"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\pdfSaver]
"Flags"=dword:00000000
"HideProgressWindow"=dword:00000000
"JobsPath"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\mac\\My Documents\\PdfSaver4\\Jobs"
"BuyURL"="https://www.pdf-xchange.com/index.php?page=38"
"EnableTimeout"=dword:00000001
"IdleTimeout"=dword:00000078

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\tlg-xp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\tlg-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\tlg-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\tlg-xp\PDF-XChange 4.0\Profiles\Current]
"Name"="Current"
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Here is what is under HKLM I put Xs where personal info is.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers]
"CurrentLanguage"=dword:00000409
"UserName"="xxxxxxxx xxxxx"
"Organization"="Wright-Pierce"
"UserEmail"="xxx@xxxxxx-xxxxxx.xxx"
"RegCode"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"
"ProductID"="xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx"
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\pdfSaver\\"
"LangPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\Languages\\"
"HelpPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Tracker Software\\PDF-XChange 4 Pro\\Help"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Drivers\pdfSaver]
"EnableTimeout"=dword:00000001
"IdleTimeout"=dword:00000078
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

This support request has been active for over a week now with no resolution and only some information gathering. Our initial goal was to correct this runtime error on our helpdesk PC so that we would be better able to troubleshoot an issue our users are having with page sizes, however, since this is taking such a long time lets shift gears here a little and work on the end user problem since it is more pressing...

When using office2PDF the default print style is A4. Our users know to click options and select the correct size, for instance Letter/ANSI A, then convert the word file they wish. The selection they make does not seem to matter, any of the page sizes can be selected and it always defaults to A4. I check this by opening the resulting PDF and clicking file -> properties. The dimentions are always that of A4. We have tried three different versions of pdf tools and Ive spent the last hour looking for any settings in the print driver that could cause this, to no avail. this is happening on at least three different computers running different versions of the software. I am not sure when this started as the users are just not begining to test some of these functions. Any help would be appreciated.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

About paper sizes: which paper size is specified into your Word document?

Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

The default print properties are set to letter, I got to this by file -> print setup -> properties. Is this where you wanted me to look?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

No - Ivan is requesting from within Word - open the Word Doc, then File -> Page Setup

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Wright-Pierce
User

Post by Wright-Pierce »

Right, its set to letter 8.5 x 11.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Is there an option "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11" paper size" turned on into Word's priting preferences? If yes, please uncheck it and try again.

maggiecano
User

Post by maggiecano »

Ivan,

Thank you!

Changing this setting in Word Tools - Options - Printing seems to have fixed the paper size problem our Marketing dept was dealing with.
This seems like a default setting in our Word installation so I will make note of it.

I think my runtime error problem on my PC is PC unique. I will see about removing PDF-Xchange and Tools and cleaning the registry and trying to install again to hopefully get rid of that runtime error.

Thanks for your help,

Maggie
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Maggie - good luck.

Best regards
Tracker Support
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Maggie - good luck.

Best regards
Tracker Support