Several translation errors or missing translation

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

powerquest
User

Several translation errors or missing translation

Post by powerquest »

I found following errors in the dialog "PDF-Xchange 4 --> Settings" of the Office plugins in the german translation:

Tab: Setting --> General settings:
Field Transitions: Fully in English.

Tab: Word Options:
The first option is truncated, I assume due to the length of the text field.
The second option is not translated. (I propose "Änderungsmarkierungen konvertieren")

Tab: Advanced
The second option is not translated. (I propose "PDF-Datei in den Ursprungsordner speichern")
Option "Compress U3D output(slower)" in not translated. (I propose "U3D-Ausgabe komprimieren (langsamer)")

After converting the document in the dialog "PDF-XChange:Printing Progress" below the progress bar instead of the character '%' the string "4.243993e-314" is shown.
e.g. "50 4.243993e-314rledigt" instead of "50% erledigt"

I hope you can fix all theses point very soon.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Several translation errors or missing translation

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Thanks, will fix.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi powerquest,
at the moment, the Language Tool doesn't allow to translate the mentioned strings, probably an update is needed. I fixed the %-issue for now. Just replace the xc40_ger.xcl in the <PDFXChange>\Languages directory with the one attached in the archive.

Hi Ivan,
while looking after the mentioned strings, I found two bugs and some additional missing translations.

First I want to report a bug in the Language Tool :(
The %-issue occured, because the language file isn't loaded correctly in the Language Tool. The string, which should be translated is "%d%% done". It's translated to "%d%% erledigt".
If I open the language file again, the translated string "%d%% erledigt" will be replaced by "%d% erledigt". If I save the language file, a "%" will be missing, which causes the problem.

And another bug, this time in PDF-XChange: The "Use users Regional Settings" option isn't remembered.
I set the language to English in printer preferences -> Settings, Languages. Now, I select "Use users Regional Settings" and the language changes to German. But when I click OK and reopen the printer preferences again, the interface is English and "Use users Regional Settings" unchecked.

And the untranslated strings:
The "Printing Progress" dialog remains untranslated, but at least some strings are in the language file translated.
In the Office Addin (Office 2007), the tooltip for the "Convert to PDF" Button contains the string "&Convert Document to PDF" which isn't translatable and the "&" is too much...

Regards, Mike
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi powerquest,
finally a new language file, translating the missing strings you've reported.
Attachments
xc40_ger.zip
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Mike ! :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
BigMike
User

Post by BigMike »

Hi, just for your info, I also sent a mail, which additionally contains the updated english template for PDF-XChange and the updated language file for the viewer.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Received - thanks Mike - very much !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com