Office Add-in crashes

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

aule
User

Office Add-in crashes

Post by aule »

My Office Add-in crashes every time I want to print a Word document. Here is the scenario:

My system is XPSP2 (all latest updates, incl. IE7) on Intel D845PESV running on Intel Pentium 4 processor. Lots of peripherals installed but the system has run very smoothly and practically errorless for 4 years. My MS Word has practically never crashed before.

In addition to BROTHER HL-2040, which is the always-present default printer, and PDF X-Change 4, the following printers are installed: Digital DECLaser 5100 (not connected), MS Fax printer, Adobe PS Acrobat Distiller PDF printer, Adobe PS Acrobat Distiller raw postscript printer, Samsung CLP-300 (used over network) and MS XPS Document Writer.

I am using Microsoft Office 97 (in this specific case Word 97 SP2 with all latest updates). I am also using PDF X-Change 4.0 build 153. Almost every time I want to print a PDF from Word using the Office add-in, the PDF is converted, the File Name menu appears but approximately at that time (a little after the menu appears), Word crashes (the PDF is usually printed, though, but not always).

From Event Viewer, I get the following information for the crash:

Application Error: Faulting application winword.exe, version 8.0.0.9315, faulting module mso97.dll, version 8.0.0.5425, fault address 0x00015868.

This happens almost every time I want to print something from Word through the Office Add-In. However, this seems not to happen when I use the Print dialog and print through PDF X-Change printer. Therefore, it is my guess that the problem must lie somewhere in the add-in macro.

I can provide Filemon and Regmon logs, drwatson log and user.dmp if necessary.

Please let me know if you can solve this problem. Thanks in advance.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Office Add-in crashes

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

For first, please try to turn off Auto Unload feature into pdfSaver (run it via Programs -> Tracker Software ...) and check if the problem still exists.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
aule
User

Post by aule »

I turned off AutoUnload but that did not change crashing. Is a reboot needed?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, reboot isn't required.

Please send me dr. watson log, and before please sure you are usign latest build of the driver (latest build is 4.0.153.0).

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
aule
User

Post by aule »

I have sent you the log via private message in this forum. I am using the latest version.

EDIT: I also attach the file here.
Attachments
aule.7z
problem logs
(216.98 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
aule
User

Post by aule »

Any news?
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, still nothing. We are trying to reporoduce the problem, but no luck for now.

aule
User

Post by aule »

I was able to reproduce the same problem on another computer with Word 97 (Office 97) and XP SP2 Pro. The PDF X-Change version was the same (newest). The Office 97 installation has all updates that have been available from Microsoft. If you need any more logs, monitoring, etc., please let me know.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

We have reproduced and we are now working on a fix - thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com