Powerpoint 2007 Save As PDF not working

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

guidow
User

Powerpoint 2007 Save As PDF not working

Post by guidow »

Hi,

I am using the latest PDF-Xchange 4 build 156 with Powerpoint 2007 on a Vista Business 32 bit system. The problem is that for complex powerpoint files the "save as" function of Xchange starts a very slow spooling process. For simple powerpoint files it looks like nothing happens at all. I could see a little window popping up but no output is generated nor even a dialog asking for the name of the output file pops up. Printing to Xchange driver generates output but also it is very slow spooling process at the beginning followed by a dialog asking for the output file name.

Any help?

Best regards

Guido
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Powerpoint 2007 Save As PDF not working

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guido,

Will investiage and come back ASAP
thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Please send me you PP file and also say configuration of your system - CPU and available memory are of particular interest.

If you have the PDF-XChange Viewer installed - sending the issue and file via the option : Help -> Check for udpates will provide the system info without your needing to.

Thanks
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
guidow
User

Post by guidow »

Hi Ivan,

attached is the PP file.

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ61VN with 2 GB RAM, 2.4 GHz CPU. VISTA SP1 and all patches are installed.

Unfortunately I cannot use the send feature of Xchange Viewer as I am using Lotus Notes as Email client and not Outlook.

Thanks

Guido
Attachments
CM2-ThePathToIntegratedProcesses-EN_RevA.zip
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guido,

Please could you fully uininstall/restart and try build 157 from this link :

Download latest Releases
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads/users/

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
guidow
User

Post by guidow »

Hi Ivan,

I tried the new build. When I used "Save As PDF" the first time it started the print spooling process and generated an output file with A4 format - didn't look as expected but that's another thing.

Trying it again didn't work anymore - the "print spooling" window pops up and goes away pretty fast and no output is generated. Strange.

When I try to close Powerpoint it says that a printing process is still active. Forcing it to close crashes powerpoint.

Guido
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Yes, it is strange. And rarely we can reproduce this here. As we see for now, trouble is inside PP, and we are looking now what we can do here.

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
guidow
User

Post by guidow »

Hi Ivan - any news?

Thanks

Guido
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

No, not for now.