Document Info Bug

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mattes57
User

Document Info Bug

Post by Mattes57 »

When using the Office Plugin, all information entered during the "Place additional information Into the Document"-Dialogue is ignored.

Using the PDF Print driver instead, the information entered in that dialogue is used correctly.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Document Info Bug

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you say the build of the PDF-XChange used? Also, source file will be helpful (you can send it to Ivan@tracker-software.com).
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

When using the Office Plugin additional information for PDF the document comes from the Word document. If you want to use this information in your PDF then you need to fill in the needed fields in Word using “File->Properties->Summary”.
Mattes57
User

Post by Mattes57 »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Can you say the build of the PDF-XChange used? Also, source file will be helpful (you can send it to Ivan@tracker-software.com).
I'm using 4.0.0162 and Office2003.
Attached is a sample (empty document).
When the check mark "Convert document Information" is set, the MS Office Data are inserted (i.e. my Name), but if I add any additional information, or if I delete my name, the created PDF still has it, and the other information is ignored. (see dok1b.pdf)
When the check mark is not set, any document information is ignored anyway.
Attachments
sample.zip
(31.16 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Will be fixed in new build.
Thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Sorry to interfere, but what should happen when the check marks "convert document information" AND "place additional information into the document" are both active, once that this second option is functioning properly? Will there be some kind of priority?

What do you think of one of the following suggestions/solutions?
1. gray out the check mark for "place additional information into the document" when the other one has been activated;
2. having a way to choose between the two of them by replacing their check marks by radio buttons and putting the two possibilities onto the same tab;
3. only put additional info when the corresponding field in the document information is empty and the check mark for additional info is active;
4. having the choice for each individual field (Subject, Title, …).

Personally I would choose for one of the solutions in the order that is given here above.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

but what should happen when the check marks "convert document information" AND "place additional information into the document" are both active
Well, "convert document information" will have higher priority and the resulting PDF will have info from the Office document.
But if you set "Ask For Document Information On Printing Start" you will have opportunity to change this information after you press the convert button.
Firestorrmm
User

Document Info Bug

Post by Firestorrmm »

I have config the DMS system to use the Vault feature - I think I did it correctly. But when I go to CV01N and create the Info Doc, there is nowhere a place to link my MS Word document. I have configure the Material object to link the documents, but it does not help if the fisical document is not there.

Anyone with information ? Maybe I missed or did some config incorrectly.
Thanks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Are you sure you are using our products ?

I have no idea what the 'Vault' feature you refer to is...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com