Windows Explorer context menu "Convert to PDF?"

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rmryan
User

Windows Explorer context menu "Convert to PDF?"

Post by rmryan »

I am a computer consultant and have several clients that are still using old versions of Adobe Acrobat (6.0, 7.0 some even 5.0). These versions are useless as PDF viewers now and newer versions of the Acrobat Reader tend to crap all over the old versions of Acrobat. I recently purchased PDF X-Change Pro for my own needs and really like it. I would like to replace some of my clients older versions of Acrobat with PDF X-Change but I have a question.

Most of my clients rely on the right-click context menu "Convert to PDF" and "Convert to PDF and email" as their main way of converting Office documents to PDF. If there is any way to enable this functionality in PDF X-Change Pro I have not been able to find it. I think my clients will insist on this functionality. So, is there any way I can do this?

Rich
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Windows Explorer context menu "Convert to PDF?"

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Currently I am afraid there is not - but we are looking at this - with a view to supporting at least MS Office and compatible formats such as the obvious ones (.Doc, .XLS, PPT, .Pub, HTML, .RTF, .TXT etc) and supported Raster/Vector image formats too.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
rmryan
User

Re: Windows Explorer context menu "Convert to PDF?"

Post by rmryan »

Thanks for the info. :D