Left Section of Footer not present in resulting PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Left Section of Footer not present in resulting PDF

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

When converting a Word 2007 document from within Word 2007-SP2 (Windows XP-SP2), and activating the option "Headers/Footers" via the Settings icon in the PDF-XChange 4 tab (Office add-in), you can fill in the Left, Mid and Right Section of the Header and Footer via the 'Customize…" button.

When testing this by introducing respectively the words 'Left', 'Mid', 'Right' in the corresponding boxes, as well in the Header as in the Footer, we discovered that the Left Section of the Footer is not taken into account anymore after applying some changes to the (six) different elements of the Footer and the Header (font, color, …).
When viewing the resulting PDF the Left Section of the Footer is not present anymore.

Even though when introducing a second line of text in the Left Section in the Footer, the first line of it becomes visible.

Can you please have a look at this?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Left Section of Footer not present in resulting PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

could you please advise which build of our printing driver are you using? Also if you could attach the test file and the result (in an archive or they will be deleted) here our developers will have a look and try to solve this problem.

Regards,
Stefan
Willy Van Nuffel
User

We are using PDF-XChange 4.0 build 159.

I have included a ZIP-file with:
- a print screen of my settings (Test_Footer.jpg)
- the original Word 2007 document (Test_Footer.docx)
- the resulting PDF (Test_Footer.pdf).
Attachments
Test_Footer.zip
Test_Footer.zip
(279.19 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Willy we'll have a look at it and see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

I checked the latest release available (162) and could not reporduce this - please downlaod and install the latest release - I would reccomened a full uninstall/restart/install to be sure of a clean installation.

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads/users/
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

This morning I did a new test with release 4.0162 of PDF-XChange and the problem is still there.

I started with the preset "Page 1" for the footer (the second choice in the standard list, just below (none) ).
The result was good, the text "Page 1" was indeed present on the bottom of the page in the resulting PDF.

Then I just changed the font setting of the Center Section of the Footer from "Arial - Regular - 10" to "Arial - Bold - 10" (so just from regular to bold), via the Customize... button in the Headers/Footers dialogbox of the Settings tab, and the appropriate "aA" icon.
The result was bad, no text at all on the footer of the PDF.

So the problem is not only present in the Left Section part of the Footer (my first thought).
Some further tests showed that all three sections of the Footer (Left, Center, Right) do have this strange behaviour.
With the Header there is no way to reproduce this phenomenon, that part is functioning as it belongs to be.

I can only get things back to work by choosing again "Page 1" in the default list.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

A fix will be available in the next build of the driver.

Thanks for your patience.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.