Resolution setting is not remembered

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Resolution setting is not remembered

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Starting of version 4 of PDF-XChange it is possible to set the [b]Resolution[/b] via the Office ribbon > tab [b]PDF-XChange 4[/b] > icon [b]Settings[/b] > tab [b]Settings[/b] > [b]Paper[/b].

Should it be possible to store this value (separately for Word, Excel and Powerpoint) somewhere in the Windows Registry so that is remembered for the next time (after the application has been closed and opened again)?

Thanks for having a look at this.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Resolution setting is not remembered

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Assuming I understand you correctly ...

The settings stored are common to all components of MS Office and we have no plans to introduce individual settings storage for each Component (e.g. : Word, Excel, PPT etc)

Or do I misunderstand ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Resolution setting is not remembered

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Some settings for the PDF-XChange Office Add-in are indeed common, but some are not.
Like for example:
- the "Border type" for hyperlinks can be set different for Word than the one for Excel;
- when saving the PDF you can choose to run (or not) the default viewer for Word and you can set it different for Excel.

These settings are stored in Windows Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Office Addin\12\Word (or Excel or Powerpoint).

So if your colleagues/programmers would like to force the PDF-XChange Office add-in to store some kind of information separately or commonly, they can.
At this moment the setting for the Resolution (= dpi setting via the Office add-in) is not stored at all (for as far as I can see).

So, my question is also a decision to make by Tracker Software: can you make it possible to store this setting for later use and if so can you make it possible to store it separately for Word / Excel / Powerpoint ? So we can choose for example 300 dpi in Word and 600 dpi in Excel.
In the other case we will have to change the Resolution setting every time it has to be different from 300 dpi.

Thanks again.