Error print a pdf

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

xcv
User

Error print a pdf

Post by xcv »

Hello,
one of our customer is not able to print a pdf created with PDF XChange. The Error message is "Error: undefined offending command q stack". He uses a HP Laserjet 3390. I tried to create the pdf from MS Word using PDF XChange 4.0.0000.0150 and 3.60.0111. Always the same error occurs
If the document is created with acrobat distiller 6.0.1 the document can be printed.
Are there settings I can change to allow our customer to print the pdf?

Regards,
Martin
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Error print a pdf

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Hi Martin.
Which program do you use to print?

Also can we have one such file - please zip and attach it here or send to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link in the body of the email back to this topic - if emailing please also ensure the subject line has 'PDF' in it.

thanks
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
xcv
User

Post by xcv »

Hi Victor,
we are usinge Adobe Reader 8.1.0 (Win XP SP3, HP Laserjet 3390). In the attachement are 3 PDF-files. The file created with Adobe can be printed without a problem. The files created wit PDF XChange 3 an 4 creates the Error: undefined OFFENDING COMMAND: q Stack.
Printing the files using the Option "Print as Picture" does work. "Normal" printing does not work.

thanks
Martin
Attachments
testfiles.zip
(189.63 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello xcv,

The development team is investigating and will post here when they have an advise/solution.

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Hm, strange. I checked the page's content in the files, and as I see q/Q are balanced and deep level is just 2.

Also when I try to print on HP LJ P2015dn (PS and PCL6 drivers) using Adobe Acrobat I see no problems.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.