office2 pdf not saving added folders or files list

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kkerr2
User

office2 pdf not saving added folders or files list

Post by kkerr2 »

Our company has a world wide license for pro 4.0

I tried using office2pdf and added foldrers and also tried adding individual files to the "watched" list

it will make PDFs of them when I hit go but after it is done and I close the office2pdf window them when I re-open office2pdf all the folders and files are no longer listed.

should office2pdf keep these "added" files and folders listed when I open office to pdf the next time?

I did just uninstall/reinstall/reboot and still have the same issue.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

It seems if it doesn't save the list then how can it be "watching" folders and files when it doesn't save a list of folders or files to watch

Any ideas

Thanks
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: office2 pdf not saving added folders or files list

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Can you please advise specifically what build you are using? This appears to be an older issue that was fixed in later releases.

You can find this info here : Printer list in the control panel - select PDF-Xchange -> Right click and select printer preferences -> About Window Tab - and there will be both the Version and build info.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
kkerr2
User

Post by kkerr2 »

Ver 4.0 Build 166

on a windows XP machine
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

When you are adding a new folder, Office2PDF should ask you "Would you like to add XXX folder as watched one?". If you click on "Yes" then this folder should be remembered even after closing of program. So when you add a new folder, do you see this folder in "Watched directories" list?

Thanks.
kkerr2
User

Post by kkerr2 »

Corwin,

Don't know what I clicked on but it seems to be "remembering" the added folder now.

How often does office2pdf look for changes to the watched folder or files and make new PDFS? on boot up? daily? as soon as a file is saved?

is it a setting I can adjust?

just wondering.

Thanks

Keith
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

It is not something you can adjust - but as long as Office2PDF is running - it should be no more than a few seconds.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com