Transfer embedded audio files from MS Word to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

imit
User

Transfer embedded audio files from MS Word to PDF

Post by imit »

All - I embedded some audio clips (.wma) in my MS Word 2007 doc and want these to survive the trip to PDF. These audio files are embedded - i.e., saved within the Word file - not just added as hyperlinks.

Do any of the Tracker products support conversion of the Word doc to PDF, while embedding the audio in the PDF, such that a user can click the icon or whatever inside the PDF and play the audio?

I have Viewer Pro (licensed) and PDF-XChange Lite (trial) but nothing else to test with.

Thanks in advance.
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Transfer embedded audio files from MS Word to PDF

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi imit,

As it stands now only the Viewer handles attached or embedded files, so after you convert the word file to PDF, [ctrl]+[shift]+[a] to open the attachments pane and attach the audio files to the PDF that way.

regards,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
imit
User

Post by imit »

Chris - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi imit,

As it stands now only the Viewer handles attached or embedded files, so after you convert the word file to PDF, [ctrl]+[shift]+[a] to open the attachments pane and attach the audio files to the PDF that way.

regards,
Chris
Thanks, Chris - Just to be clear: Does this mean that there are no products from your company that can preserve the audio files embedded in the Word doc, when converting to PDF?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

That is correct imit,

No product for the moment can do that.

Regards,
Stefan
imit
User

Post by imit »

Thanks - In my situation the audio files can be placed in a central location and available to most users, so instead of embedding the audio in the Word doc I'll put them on SharePoint and put regular hyperlinks in the Word doc - and those hyperlinks will make the trip from Word to PDF.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi imit,

Great that you found a solution,
not what you initially intended but still a good and elegant one :)

Regards,
Stefan
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

And yes the external hyperlinks will make it through conversion process.

Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com