Appending to a scanned PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

martimr1
User

Appending to a scanned PDF

Post by martimr1 »

Help! I'm under a tight deadline and don't have time to fiddle with my newly purchased Pro license.
I need to append a word document to a scanned PDF. The best I can conclude from the documentation you provide is that I should "print" my word document to a PDF and then save the result atop the existing PDF. Sure enough, when I do this, I am prompted about what to do, and I chose merge (append to existing file).

But the result claims not to be a PDF!

I am suspicious because your "printer"'s save-as type says PRN, and PDF is not even an option. But, I can't find any setting to change this.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Appending to a scanned PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello martimr1,

Please check whether you have not checked the "Print to file" option in the Word Printing Dialogue, as otherwise you should see our Printing driver's interface asking you to save a .pdf file and not a .prn

Best,
Stefan
martimr1
User

Post by martimr1 »

Yes, this worked. Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
martimr1
User

Post by martimr1 »

Thanks for the prompt response, by the way. Now I'm trying the same trick, but with PowerPoint. Is it supposed to take a really, really long time to render a drawn object? Or is the PDF renderer hanging? I gave up after about 10 minutes with 0 reported progress.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

It really should not be taking that long.
Please can you tell us which build of the printing drivers are you using?

If it is not the latest please consider reinstalling the printing drivers using the latest build:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

And if it is the latest (4.0.184) please provide us with a copy of this PDF - if the information contained inside is sensitive send it to support@pdf-xchange.com

Best,
Stefan