Excel Toolbar has disappeared

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sam_downunder
User

Excel Toolbar has disappeared

Post by sam_downunder »

Hi,

I've had pdf xchange 4 pro on my laptop for the past few years and it has worked fine.

Suddenly yesterday the toolbar disappeared from excel and I can't seem to work out how to get it back.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Excel Toolbar has disappeared

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sam,

There are a few things that might have happened.

1) You might have simply turned off the toolbar - right click in the toolbar area in excel and you will see the PDF XChange one listed there.

2) Windows installed an update for your MS Office Version that has deactivated our plug-in - go to the security settings in Excel and make sure that our plug-in is not disable (or if it is enable it)

Please let us know the exact build of PDF XChange you are using, as well as which is the MS Office version (e.g. XP, 2003, 2007, 2010).
And you seem to have posted in the wrong forums, if you are in fact using our ver4 products, so I will move the topic to the appropriate one once you confirm which version you are using.

Best,
Stefan
sam_downunder
User

Post by sam_downunder »

Thanks Stefan,

The software I have is as follows;

PDF-XCHANGE 4.0 Converter
PDF XCHANGE VIEWER 2.0 (Build 42.8)
PDF Tools 4.0

Excel 2003

I've tried right clidking the toolbar in Excel but the option isn't there.

I can't work out how to get into the security settings in excel to see if thats the problem so any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Sam
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Sam,

Those security settings are available from work 2007 on I believe, but as you didn't state which version you were using - I thought it's worth mentioning.
The Build you have is a bit outdated.
Please try to do a complete uninstall, restart, and then a fresh install of the latest build (you can download it from here), as this should fix your problem.

Best,
Stefan