Bookmarks list in the MS Office Addin of PDF-Xchange 4.0

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

IEC-support
User

Bookmarks list in the MS Office Addin of PDF-Xchange 4.0

Post by IEC-support »

Hello Support Team ....
In my international publishing company in Switzerland, we are using PDF-XChange 4.0 (MSOffice Addin in a MsWord 2010 environment) to generate PDFs files with bookmarks (created from MsWord headings).
Our problem: the bookmarks list in the "Settings => PDF Options => Bookmark" tag, keeps track of ALL the styles (hundreds of stylesnames) of all the files opened since the first installation – not only the list of the styles of the document in which we are working. Is it a way to correct this and "clean" this list, at least from time to time.
Thanks in advance. JPM
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bookmarks list in the MS Office Addin of PDF-Xchange 4.0

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello JPM,

Those styles are stored in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Office Addin\11\Word\Styles
So removing them from there would certainly clear your list, but I am currently speaking with our dev guys to see if removing all styles from there could have any negative effect on using the add-in as intended, so please do not delete styles from there until I get the response.

Best,
Stefan

p.s. The guys confirmed that deleting the entries from that registry key will not have any negative effect on the usability of our products, and so you can delete styles you no longer need/use from there.
IEC-support
User

Post by IEC-support »

Thanks Stefan!! It worked perfectly (I suspected that I had to go somewhere in the Registry, but could not find the right place).
Thanks again for your efficiency. JPM
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Hello JPM,

Those styles are stored in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 4.0\Office Addin\11\Word\Styles
So removing them from there would certainly clear your list, but I am currently speaking with our dev guys to see if removing all styles from there could have any negative effect on using the add-in as intended, so please do not delete styles from there until I get the response.

Best,
Stefan

p.s. The guys confirmed that deleting the entries from that registry key will not have any negative effect on the usability of our products, and so you can delete styles you no longer need/use from there.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad we could help JPM!

Regards,
Stefan