Save As Dialog Hidden Behind App Window

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

musabio
User

Save As Dialog Hidden Behind App Window

Post by musabio »

At least under Windows 7, we are finding that the Save As Dialog open appears underneath the app window. It shows up on the Task Bar, but users often don't see it there and thus think the application is hung when it is just waiting on the modal dialog. The problem is particularly bad if the Saver.ShowProgress property is True and there are several items already on the Task Bar, as the button for the Save As dialog will be hidden beneath the ShowProgress dialog.

Is there a way we can force it to appear on top of the application window? Or even on top of all windows? (Note that under v3, the Save As dialog always appeared on top.)

Thanks,
Jack
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save As Dialog Hidden Behind App Window

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello musabio,

Thanks for the post. Currently there is no way to dictate where the Save As dialog shows up on the end user side of things; it should always show up on top. I myself use win 8.1 and the Save as dialog show up correctly. I see the same correct behavior on a windows 7 pc here in the office. Could you please go to Help--> About and let us know what Version and build you are seeing this issue in?

You say the environment is windows 7, are there any special circumstances to this environment?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
musabio
User

Post by musabio »

The driver About box shows:

PDF-XChange Printer 2012
Version: 5.5 Build 312.1
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Interestingly, after resetting my PC, the problem has gone away. (I have the feeling that it must have been working correctly earlier too or I would have noticed it then.) But it has been doing it off an on now for a few days. Probably some side effect of my testing/development environment, such as running within the VS debugger. Next time it happens I'll try to pin down the circumstances better.

Sorry for the distraction,
Jack
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi musabio,

Not a problem, we are always happy to help!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America