/DRVwoPRN

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

/DRVwoPRN

Post by jeffp »

I was just looking at the documentation on the api driver and saw /DRVwoPRN.

It say it installs the printing drivers without a visible “printer”. Does this mean the printer item does not appear in the Windows Devices and Printers window?

If so, do I still call the driver in code using the driver name I specify in the /PName option?

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: /DRVwoPRN

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Does this mean the printer item does not appear in the Windows Devices and Printers window?
Yes.
If so, do I still call the driver in code using the driver name I specify in the /PName option?
In your code you can specify any valid printer name when accessing IPXCControlEx::Printer property. You will get a temporary printer with that name (possibly followed with a suffix in case when a printer with this name already exists).