Lite Driver Install Hanging

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

Lite Driver Install Hanging

Post by jeffp »

We call your Lite driver installer from our installer. As such, when users re-install our software we in turn re-install your driver.

We often see your installer hang during a reinstall of our software. Often the Lite driver may be loaded, etc., but I was under the assumption that your installer will take care of close the driver if opened, etc.

So I'm not sure what's going on here, but I just wanted to check to make sure there wasn't anything I needed to do before reinstalling your lite driver. Here are the options I'm using

/VERYSILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDFXChangedriver,Help,Languagess" "/Organization:FileCenter" /DIR="[mydir]" /PName="[Driver Name]"

With the older version 4 lite driver we didn't seem that have any hang issues like we are seeing with the version 5 lite driver.

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Lite Driver Install Hanging

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

Please run the driver installer with /LOG "filename.log" option. In case of hung please send us the log file.
Also when you detect the hang 'real-time', please examine the process tree of our installer process (in the installer process itself and its child processes). Create memory dumps of all processes in the tree. You can do all this using Process Explorer utility. Send us those dumps.

Thanks.