64 Bit Driver With 32 Bit Application

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

eqi
User

64 Bit Driver With 32 Bit Application

Post by eqi »

We have an application that necessarily is 32 bit as we need to support older and newer machines. The Driver is installed as 32 bit on an x86 machine and as 64 bit on an x64 machine. All works well on a 32 bit machine. It works well on a 64 bit machine if I compile and target "Any CPU' as in your test application, unfortunately due to some 3rd party 32 bit dll's I cannot target any CPU in my application and the 32 bit application throws errors when trying to access the 64 bit printer.

Can I install a 32 bit printer on a 64 bit machine? (I have tried unsuccessfully)

Can I access the 64 bit drivers with a 32 bit application? (I have tried unsuccessfully)
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: 64 Bit Driver With 32 Bit Application

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can I install a 32 bit printer on a 64 bit machine? (I have tried unsuccessfully)
No, that's impossible with printer drivers.
Can I access the 64 bit drivers with a 32 bit application? (I have tried unsuccessfully)
There should not be any problems. Can you provide us sample app that demonstrates the problem you have?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.