Password Issue

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

Password Issue

Post by jeffp »

Take a look at the attached file.

If I open it and resave it with your ViewerAX, I can then reopen it fine.

But if I open and the resave it using your DLLS (that is, PXCp_ReadDocumentX and then PXCp_WriteDocumentX), then the resulting file will ask for a password when opened by any PDF editor.

The original attached file does indicate that it has Password Security but with limited restrictions.

It seems that an open followed by a save in the DLLs should give the same result as in your ViewerAX control.

--Jeff
Attachments
password.PDF
(72.74 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Password Issue

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Jeff,

I've spoken with a colleague from the dev team that is working on the Tools SDK, and he managed to confirm that there is indeed password protection in that file, but he can't spend much more time with this as he is busy with the release of build 313. We will be able to spend some more time on that after the release. The ticket for this case is:
#3068: Tools SDK: Issues with a secured PDF file that the Viewer opens fine.

Regards,
Stefan
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

That's fine, but remember, even the Viewer can't open it once it has been opened and saved out with the DLL.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Jeff,

Yep, that is also noted!

Cheers,
Stefan
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Just checking in to see if this issue has been addressed yet?

Thanks.

--Jeff
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

I am afraid not - but it is scheduled to be addressed in the next build available in the 2nd half of August.

Thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com