PXC_TextOutW

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

HELID
User

PXC_TextOutW

Post by HELID »

Hello!
I´m a Delphi programmer. I have upgraded to PDF-XChange 2012 SDK PRO version 5.5.316.1.

To simplify what I´m trying to do is to create a new pdf-document and add a date in it with the function PXC_TextOutW.
When I open the pdf document on disk I can see the date in the pdf.

I use the dll´s for manipulating the code. The previous version of the dll´s was 4.0.192.
And the version of the dll´s is now 4.0.316.1. The function PXC_TextOutW works well when I run my code with the
dll´s of the previous version 4.0.192. When I replace the dll´s with the new one´s(4.0.192) and run the code
the function PXC_TextOutW doesn´t work. I don´t get any error-messages and when I open the pdf-document on disk it´s empty,
no date is created.

What´s wrong?

FYI, I use PDF-XChange to watermark, change the size from A4 to A5, change orientation and much more in my code. All of this functions works well with the new dll´s.

Best regards/
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PXC_TextOutW

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Helena,

We will need you to test with build 317.1, as even if there is a bug in 316.1 it can not be resolved now.
If the issue is still present with 317.1 - please send us a working (or compilable) sample so that we can take a look. Make sure to remove all license information from such projects.

Please also note that the Tools SDK is now no longer actively developed, and we would recommend you to consider moving to the Core API one instead:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... re-api-sdk

Regards,
Stefan
HELID
User

Post by HELID »

Thank´s for your quick reply. The reason for my late reply is that I thought I should get an email when someone replied to
my question at your forum but no mail this time.

I wonder how I can get the dll´s of version 317.1? In my installation I only have 316.1

Best regards/
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Helena,

The latest Tools SDK files should be available for download here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-tools-sdk

And as for the e-mail notifications - those are normally sent out, if you have ticked the correct boxes in the forum settings - so do check the spam folder of your mail account and make sure that the notifications didn't end in there.

Regards,
Stefan
HELID
User

Post by HELID »

Hello!
I´ve tried to run my code with the dll´s in the SDK you wanted me to download. But still my code doesn´t do what´s expected.
The dll´s in the SDK I downloaded still is version 316.1 and not 317.1.

Can you try to distribute the following dll´s to me in version 317.1:
pxclib40.dll
xcpro40.dll
dscrt40.dll
ixclib40.dll
xccdx40.dll

Best regards/
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Helena,

Indeed it seems like PDF Tools SDK is build 316.1 and there is no newer version of it (and might never be as we are now discontinuing it and moving forward to the Core API).

Just spoke with a colleague from the dev team.
He says that we have not made any changes to PXC_TextOutW so it should still work.
Can you please send us a fully working project (ideally with binaries) - where the issue is reproduced so that we can investigate it at our end?

Regards,
Stefan
HELID
User

Post by HELID »

Hello!
I must compress my project to a smaller one to examplify my problem. I guess it will take about a week
before I have time to do this.

Best regards/
Helena
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

OK Helena,

When you have the time - prepare it and share it with us.
The fastest way might be if you start a new project based on our samples, and if you manage to reproduce the issue there.

Regards,
Stefan