Printing Custom Watermarks

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NRAREP
User

Printing Custom Watermarks

Post by NRAREP »

I recently upgraded my PDF Exchange Viewer and PRO. When I did, I lost the ability to put my custom watermarks on my print jobs. The watermarks I had previously created are still visible in the watermarks tab under the printer properties tab & all of the boxes are checked too. They just wont print. :cry:

What do I need to adjust to get them to print on my documents again?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing Custom Watermarks

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Thanks for the post and welcome to our forums. Could you please clarify whether you are printing to paper, or printing to PDF?

If you are printing to paper, please make sure one of the following options are selected:

This will print watermarks currently placed on existing PDF.

If you are using PDF-XChange Standard Driver, please make sure that printing watermarks is enabled, and that you have the watermark selected.

If you are still experiencing an issue with this, could you please provide a screenshot of your settings and the output file?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

I am printing to PDF-XChange printer. I can't seem to put the screen shots onto this forum but one thing I do see in reference to the print screen is that I don't have the option to "Print Whole Document" as you've shown on your screen. I have all of the other options in that menu and have selected the Print: "Documents and Markups" option.

In regards to the watermark properties, I have everything selected just as you have shown.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello NRAREP,

You may be using an older build. You can update PRO by running the installer below:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5.zip

Please note that you may or may not have a license for PRO. For more detailed update instructions, please send your serial key or order number to support@pdf-xchange.com with reference back to this post.

**Do not post purchase information or serial keys to the forum. This would result in us immediately blocking your license**
I can't seem to put the screen shots onto this forum
To post images to the forum inline as I have, you must place the image to a publically available server, then provide the forum with a link to that image, and flag it as such. Use the [ img ] without spaces to indicate the beginning of an image link, and [ / img ] without the spaced to indicate the end of the image link.

Otherwise, simple archive them in a zip folder and add the images as an attachment.

Please confirm: You are printing to PDF-XChange standard 2012 driver from PDF-XChange Editor?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

I do have PRO. Like I say.... I have been using this with watermarks for years now. I just can't seem to do it now since I updated earlier this week.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi NRAREP,

Could you please tell us what version and build you are using? When printing to PDF, with the settings in the screenshot above, the watermark was correctly placed on the output PDF. Could you please Go to Help-->About, in the Viewer, and let us know what Version and build you are running? Could you please send a screenshot of your PDF-XChange Printer 2012 settings as well as the actual PDF output?

You will need to archive these file into a zip folder to attach them to the forum.

Please do try reinstalling using the link in my post above.

Thanks!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

I still cannot get my custom watermarks on the documents I want to print. I need to set up the whole office with these watermarks and need some help.

Can I arrange to call a live person to walk me through this?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi NRAREP,

Thanks for the post - we do not do tech support over the phone, it is all done via email or the forums. In this particular case, a phone call likely wouldn't help, as we need to be able to see what you are doing.

As Patrick's forum signature mentions, you will need to wrap files in ZIP, RAR or 7Zip archives to be able to upload them to the forums, so please send screen-shots of the Help --> About menu and screen-shots of what options are available under the print dialogue.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

See attached.....
Attachments
ABOUT_and_PRINT-DIALOG.pdf
(177.6 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

My goal is to create a "Flattened" opaque watermark that cannot be removed. SOO if I could do this without having to run it through the print driver, please let me know how.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi NRAREP,

Thanks for that - from what I can see, you are using an old build and there were some known issues with watermarks not printing. please download and run the following installers to update:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5SA.zip
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVwer.zip
My goal is to create a "Flattened" opaque watermark that cannot be removed. SOO if I could do this without having to run it through the print driver, please let me know how.
The only true way to make a document ineditable, is to use security or digital signatures. Flattening content only makes annotations a part of the base content, so this does not apply to watermarks (which are already placed as base content) and, with the advent of PDF Editors, this can be edited.

Please try using document security (File --> Document Properties --> Security), or digital signaturesd (Document --> Signing --> Place a Signature).

HTH!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

Thanks.... I will run these updates and see what happens.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
NRAREP
User

Post by NRAREP »

The upgrade is asking for my serial key. Can someone at your end email that to me please.

bill@nrarep.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bill,

I can see that you have an account on our website. If you log in with that account - you will be able to see both your older and the new style key that your company has. Just copy the new key from the account and use it for the installation.
If you've forgotten your account details - please write to support@pdf-xchange.com and we will help you get back into the account.

Regards,
Stefan