FAQ Questions

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cricket1001
User

FAQ Questions

Post by cricket1001 »

1) I don't understand why we can't post to the FAQ's.
2) Much easier to post there and get answers, hopefully, than having to copy and paste here.
3) The answer to this question even though it states how to get the postings darker, doesn't help me at all.
a) I am not a geek and have no idea in how to get to my registry and what to do when I get there.
b) I'd be afraid I would make some mistake disabling or changing something.
c) Why can't the powers that be that answered these questions put there answers in terms for the common person and not a geek.

Question: Post The text in the PDF-XChange Viewer appears light.
Answer: You can modify this via the Registry - :

Under this registry Key location :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFViewer\PageDisplay

Make the DWORD value TextGamma - with a value in the range 250 to 8000 (the default value 1000), with 250 being the darkest.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: FAQ Questions

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Pat,

There's literally no other way to describe how to change a registry key than the way that was done there. The registry can be accessed by searching for Regedit in the Windows Start Menu search (you'll need to be the administrator of the PC to do this). Once there, it works like a very simplistic file system (e.g. Windows Explorer), so you'll navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> then SOFTWARE --> Tracker Software --> etc.. It won't make any sense to you until you try it and, I assure you, if you are only make changes in the location listed and do not make any changes anywhere else, you can't do any real harm to your system.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com