Print dialogue should have "All" (pages) as default

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Seeker45
User

Print dialogue should have "All" (pages) as default

Post by Seeker45 »

Hi,

even when closing PDF-XChange Editor, the Print dialogue still shows the last settings. E.g., I had printed page 58 of a previous document. Now, e.g. having a two-page document, the Print dialogue will still show that I want to print page 58, which is not meaningful.

Also, this behavior is not typical for Windows-programs and thus awkward. Therefore, I would like to suggest that at least when closing PDF-XChange Editor the default is reverted to "All". Thanks.

Ralf
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Print dialogue should have "All" (pages) as default

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I really like the current behaviour. If anyone usually prints All pages, then that will come up as next time, and there's no need to change it.

If someone has changed several options, such as printing selected pages as a booklet, then entering all those settings to print another copy is a waste of time.

The dialogue also remembers the printer used.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Print dialogue should have "All" (pages) as default

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks both of you for your comments!

This is one of the situations were we can't meet everyone's desires, and as the majority of requests so far have been for remembering the print settings I don't believe we will change that Seeker45 - even if this is different than most other printing applications. However we are constantly monitoring the forums and your opinions so if in the future the tides change - there could be a change in the way the Editor stores these values!

Regards,
Stefan