Send to E-Mail

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bshafter
User

Send to E-Mail

Post by bshafter »

One of our users after updating to the newest version of editor from the viewer has noticed that when sending to email the new email is opened in Outlook 2007 but before you can do anything the screen focus returns to the PDF-XChange Editor progress bar. They then have to click on the new email to change focus to it.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Send to E-Mail

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi bshafter,

Thanks for the post - this has been reported before and the Dev. Team are looking into this, but we don't currently believe that there's anything that we can do to fix this, as it's not something that we handle. We call Outlook to present the composition window, then Outlook decides what to do with it.

As I said, we are seeing if there's anything that we can do to stop this, but we cannot make any guarantees.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
grizlyadams
User

Post by grizlyadams »

I have this problem too - with outlook 2010.

it worked perfectly with the reader (as opposed to PDFe)

Obvious question is - if you had it working in the viewer, why can't you get it working in the editor?

so far the forced move to PDFe hasn't been a pleasant one. Viewer worked perfectly for me, editor wastes screen real estate, has bugs (shading & email are just two that I've found in the week I've been using PDFe).

off to oldversion.com for a previous version of viewer that works perfectly methinks.

edit - I guess it might be because you have that timer display in editor (that it switched back to after opening the mail client) - viewer doesn't appear to have that and focus stays on the email client.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for your comments - we continue to modify the Editor codebase (which is 100% new from the Editor) and where possible synchronize desired functionality - but this is not always as easy as it may seem...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
ksudavid
User

Post by ksudavid »

On this same topic. In the Viewer you could use the CANCEL button in the Editor dialogue window to stop the process. In the Editor this Cancel button is grayed out and you have to switch to the Outlook email window and close it.
ksudavid
User

Post by ksudavid »

Scratch that. The Cancel button didn't work in the Viewer either.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

This is because once the email client's composition window has been opened, we cannot do anything with it and have no control over it, so pressing cancel cannot cancel the composition.

The cancel button is for when users are sending emails via an SMTP server, which can be cancelled. We are looking into making this dynamic, so that the cancel button only shows when sending emails via SMTP.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.