Some questions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mr. Nice Guy
User

Some questions

Post by Mr. Nice Guy »

Hello,

there is no more seperate Viewer for PDFs, is this right?
Viewer & Editor became one program?

German translation in pdf tools is incomplete!
The overview-window shows English explanations under the icons.

Best regards :)
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Some questions

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

There was a similar question in the PDF-XChange Viewer section of this forum:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 35&t=25400
That was about using the actual Editor as a 'viewer only'.

On the other hand, the (old) Viewer is still available under the Discontinued Downloads on the Download page:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... scontinued
The goal should be to not longer use this one.

Like Tracker Software stated several times in this forum, there will be no further development for the (old) Viewer.

PDF-XChange Editor was a totally new application, built from the ground up, as a replacement for the Viewer, and with editor capabilities. I have read that this had not been possible with a further development of the already existing Viewer.
- - - -
About PDF Tools V6, I can confirm that there is something wrong with switching to another language, via Preferences > Languages. Actually, you can only switch to the language of your Regional Settings and that choice has only an effect for the Preferences settings themselves, not for the rest. Everything else in PDF Tools V6 is still in English.

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the help Willy :)

Mr. Nice Guy - regarding the German translations, these are provided by a volunteer translator and I suspect that our current volunteer hasn't had the time to provide a complete translation, as the application is a complete re-write and the previous PDF-Tools translations cannot be used.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi Will and Tracker support,

1) Can you please check at your side, if you have the intention that the language switch in PDF Tools V6 is (not) working correctly?
To me it seems that it is not only German that is not working, but at least also Dutch and French.
And, like I said before, only the language of the text in Preference Settings does change, all the rest is still in English.

2) An other point concerning PDF Tools V6, is that the new forum item for this application, is not yet available to us.
It states "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Thanks in advance.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,
1) Can you please check at your side, if you have the intention that the language switch in PDF Tools V6 is (not) working correctly?
To me it seems that it is not only German that is not working, but at least also Dutch and French.
And, like I said before, only the language of the text in Preference Settings does change, all the rest is still in English.
That's because PDF-Tools has not yet been translated. I'm not sure whether the translation tools for Tools V6 are live, just yet. At the moment, I'm not sure when they will be, as the Dev. Team are taking a much-earned week off.
2) An other point concerning PDF Tools V6, is that the new forum item for this application, is not yet available to us.
It states "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."
Thanks, I'll fix that now!

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com