Remove frames (GUI)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Orange123
User

Remove frames (GUI)

Post by Orange123 »

Hello,

Im using version 6.319 and have a questions:

Around the document there are two frames. Is it possible to remove them?
I think its a bit annoying next to the scrollbar, because I move the mouse to the right screen side and always have to adjust my mouse position a little bit to the left to hit the scrollbar :(
It would be nice to have the scrollbar on the very right side like in (for example) Microsoft Word.

Here a picture of the top right screen:

Thank you :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Remove frames (GUI)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Orange123,

I am afraid that for the moment it is not possible to remove those frames :(

Regards,
Stefan
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Acrobat Reader, various browsers, Word and the like all work without that frame when maximized. Thus we are used to just move our mouse to the right edge without having to do precise placement.

I assume that the frame needs to be there in order to allow for panes to be docked (like properties pane)? It's the same in Photoshop. In Firefox it's only a problem when I set Omnibar (sidebar panel) to open upon click/mouse-over at the edge. If I open/close it via keyboard shortcut then I can scroll at the very edge.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Timur,

Thanks for your input.
Yes indeed some other products offer the scroll bar all the way to the side, but I believe there are some technical challenges for us to do so. I will take a note and bring this up on the next meeting - to see if anything can be done in this respect (at least for maximized mode).

Regards,
Stefan
Orange123
User

Post by Orange123 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:I will take a note and bring this up on the next meeting
Great,
thank you!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America