PDF Editor 6.0.321 - wrong comment formatting after comment summary rtf export

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Valeria_Gyenge
User

PDF Editor 6.0.321 - wrong comment formatting after comment summary rtf export

Post by Valeria_Gyenge »

WIN10 64bit
PDF Editor 6.0.321
Hi!
After Summary Comment exported to rtf file - the comment formatting will be lost, and why all comment text are bold?

thnks, for considering this bug (?).
See the screenshot picture attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF Editor 6.0.321 - wrong comment formatting after comment summary rtf export

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi again

I am not sure why that is coming out bold. It doesn't for me.

Can you send me the PDF that you created this from as well as the actual RTF file for us to look at please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Valeria_Gyenge
User

Re: PDF Editor 6.0.321 - wrong comment formatting after comment summary rtf export

Post by Valeria_Gyenge »

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your answer.

I will examine your attached zip file.
However, I guess this is a standard default built-in formatting for comment text from which your sample rtf generated.

I will attach you my actual files in zip bundle.

You will see from my attached sample rtf file and the relevant png screenshot;
the problem may be arising from, when the comment text properties is set other than built-in default (arial 12) and the Set as default used.
a, not only all comment text will be bold, but,
b, even if the comment text properties was set at taking the very first comment and also the Set as default button had been pushed (what I guess means to keep the selected formatting for all further comments) the newly taken comment format also changed back to the built-in default[/b] (arial 12) in the rtf file.
(Note:That may be just another topic, but the problem relevant here (just try that): I had to one-by-one push the Set as default button on every individual comment to keep a consistent selected format in the rtf file, even if this was firstly selected, as written earlier)
c, for that particular comment shown in the screenshot the formatting will be completely lost.

Thanks for looking after this probable bug.

Just a suggestion: The comments text properties should be integrated into the comment properties and set there to be default for all documents.

BTW: Because the attached PDF file is my actual personal work, pls. use it only for test purposes. I don't know whether what are the forum policies for such cases, but I may ask to delete this sample zip bundle after you had downloaded.
Last edited by Valeria_Gyenge on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello iplnts,

I managed to reproduce the bold text when "By Visual Order" is selected. With the default "Page" - the texts show OK.
I will pass this to our devs for investigation.

Regards,
Stefan
Valeria_Gyenge
User

Post by Valeria_Gyenge »

Hi Stefan!

Thanks for dealing with this problem.
---
as for the downloaded sample files: I will delete it from the previous post.

Regards,
iplnts
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

You are welcome iplnts,

We will post back here as soon as we've had a change to review this export to RTF issue.

Regards,
Stefan
Valeria_Gyenge
User

Post by Valeria_Gyenge »

Thank you, Stefan!

I'll be listening and awaiting, hoping a resolution :)

Kind regards,
iplnts
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi iplnts,

I will post an update here as soon as I have nay further news!

Regards,
Stefan