Quantity Calculation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Builder
User

Quantity Calculation

Post by Builder »

Hey,

I use PDF-Xchange Editor for quantity calculation and i have question about that. Is it possible to add up areas or lengths together some function? This function would save my time a lot because now I need to combine the areas and lenghts separately into my calculator?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Quantity Calculation

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Builder,

Thanks for the post - I've discussed this with my colleagues and we're agreed that adding a calculator for this is a little beyond the scope of a PDF reader/editor. You can export the measurements to CSV and use Excel/Open Office to perform the calculations for you and it should still be much easier.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi all,

Good news - while we will not add a separate calculator tool - from the next build (322.3 - due for release in a few days to fix some bugs) when you select objects of the same type - the properties pane will show the totals for those objects as visible on the below image.

Cheers,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gnatix
User

Post by Gnatix »

Hi Stefan,
thank you for the tip for quantity counting! It's very useful for my work. It would be even better, if the number of objects could be given in the first line of the summary.This is helpful to check if an object is not selected by accident.

This is my very first post in this forum. Thanks to the whole team behind this fantastical software!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Cheers Gnatix, we'll pass that along for consideration :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com